In this position, you’ll focus on improving security for WealthPark (including container security, container scanning, policy management, network security, and host security). This role will work with SRE team closely.
What you will do
- Build a security culture in the company’s engineering organization,
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge.
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the security hardening, mechanisms, and features of our production platform across deploy, storage, traffic, and developer velocity.
- Review security enhancement action plans in discussions with surrounding stakeholder (mainly SRE and Corporate engineering team)
- Design, apply and develop cryptographic layers to provide “zero-trust” security properties for multi-tenant separation within shared infrastructure systems.
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our cloud environment to advise the engineering team of the trade-offs.
- Work with bleeding-edge cloud technology.
- 5+ years of building software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the security area.
- 1+ years of engineering management experience building productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- Experience with programming languages — e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala.
- Experience using NoSQL(e.g MongoDB).
- Experience using RDB.
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems (e.g. GitLab CI, Jenkins).
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures (e.g. Kubernetes).
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience in event-driven architecture with microservices.
- Deep understanding of OAuth and open id connect.
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure especially AWS.