The Technical Support Engineering team acts as a bridge between the Customer Support team and other Engineering teams, responsible for deep-dives into reported issues and proposing product improvements based on the needs of the customer and the team itself.
Note: This role is aiming to support customers in the Japanese market, so you must be able to work in Japan standard time, 10 am to 7 pm JST.
- Respond to technical inquiries from the Customer Support and Customer Success teams.
- Work with your TSE colleagues and other Engineering teams to investigate issues, determine their root causes, and devise potential workarounds.
- Propose new features and stability improvements based on the results of your investigations.
- Ensure efficient communication and collaboration between all the stakeholders across the escalation chain.
- Hands-on experience supporting and troubleshooting SaaS applications
- An understanding of multi-tier web architectures and how to troubleshoot them
- Able to prioritize and work to deadlines, even when the workload is high
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- A computer science or engineering background
- 3+ years of development experience, preferably in web application development
- Experience in test automation or software quality assurance
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and TypeScript
- Experience in modern development processes that incorporate agile and scrum
- Japanese language skills at a level that allows for daily conversation and reading of documents
- Strong discipline in analyzing and documenting issues
- Someone passionate about digging deep into problems and going beyond a shallow understanding
- Someone who is skilled at isolating and determining root causes from execution logs and error information
6 to 12 million JPY annually.