dely is the company behind Kurashiru and Trill. Kurashiru is an app with over 30 million downloads, making it Japan’s most popular recipe video service. Trill is a women’s fashion and lifestyle site with over 45 million monthly active users.
Becoming more international
While only three of our thirty-eight engineers are non-Japanese, we’ve already extended offers to two more international engineers, and are looking to hire more.
We communicate internally in English as much as possible, and don’t require any Japanese abilities.
We want to bring you to Japan
We’re explicitly looking to hire international developers and bring them to Japan. We welcome anyone already living in Japan to apply too of course.
While we don’t currently support full remote work, you can work from home every Wednesday and Friday. We also allow remote work under other specific circumstances.
Our response to COVID-19
During the state of emergency for COVID-19, we may allow you to work fully remotely. Similarly, we may approve remote work in situations such as if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
About the position
- Design, development, test, delivery and maintenance of the TRILL Android app
- To define requirements and specifications of the product or support those processes
- To suggest and solve organizational or technical issues on your own initiative
Android app development experience with Kotlin (2+ years) or Java (5+ years)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Long-term development and operation of Android app experience
- Development team-leader experience
- Knowledge and understanding of programming methods and philosophy ex DDD/SOLID
- Declarative UI programming experience and understanding those frameworks
- Open Source Software contributions
- CI/CD experience
- Experience giving presentations at tech conferences
- Experience writing books or technical articles about programming and engineering
- Exo Player experience
The base range for this position is 6 to 9 million yen, though depending on your skill and experience, it may be possible to go higher than this.