You will work alongside the Senior Rust Developer to lead the implementation of a SaaS platform in Rust. No prior experience with Rust is necessary, only the motivation to learn it.
- Learn Rust. You’ll spend up to your first three months learning the language and becoming productive with it.
- Be directly involved in overseeing the main platform development and lead its implementation.
- Work across the full product tech life cycle from discovery to delivery. Build internal and external tools to support HeartCore global expansion. Build a web platform and integrate with external APIs.
- Innovate with Rust breaking boundaries.
- You work very closely with the CTO and Designers, often interact with our internal sales teams and closely with our board members.
- Conduct code reviews in coordination with other team members and help maintain a high standard of quality across the codebase.
- Lead, mentor, and learn from other engineers on our growing team.
- Take features from concept to fully-fledged product.
- Motivated and eager to learn Rust.
- Ruby on Rails or Django expertise (3+ years)
- Deep experience in building complex modern web applications. We’d expect a developer to typically take 5 years to pick up this level of experience.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- An understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc).
- Good knowledge of security best practices.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Knowledge of Rust
- Familiarity with functional or component testing of services
- Experience building REST and Websocket API clients
- Basic understanding of how to sign an encrypted request
6 to 12 million JPY annually.