The COBRA team focuses on Indeed’s co-branded websites, using these platforms to implement and test new features and solutions for job seekers and employers around the globe. We are an agile team of engineers that gets to rapidly explore, construct and improve new user experiences. As a part of our unique mission, we also get to work with other teams interested in inventing new approaches for helping people get jobs. Multiple teams around Indeed rely on our platform and API capabilities to deliver web-based and native mobile experiences to their users.
If you are passionate about building high-quality solutions using a wide range of technologies and enjoy mentoring, leading and teaching those around you about complex technical problems, this is the team for you.
You will provide hands-on leadership for a Tokyo-based full-stack development team building and enhancing products and systems in our service-oriented, highly scalable, multi-datacenter environment. As our engineering organization grows, you will help ensure we keep the talent bar high and growing the skills and capabilities of your team. All of Indeed’s products are built with performance, scalability, and data-driven decision-making in mind.
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You are someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same.
You are someone who either has built or is passionate about building scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day. You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
We’re looking for:
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale, particularly working with NodeJS, React, Java, and Spring.
- Experience managing teams of high-performing software engineers
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms, and excellent programming skills
- Software architecture, technical design and execution skills.
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems using service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
Considered a plus:
- Experience with building APIs used by Native Mobile Apps. Prior Mobile App development (directly or as a manager) is a big plus.
- Experience in collaborating with remote cross-functional teams and team members
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY per year