About LINE Corp.
At 83 million domestic users, or 65% of the population, LINE is Japan’s most popular messaging application. It is also popular throughout Asia, boasting approximately 186 million users globally.
Build Reliable Systems at Scale
You’ll have the opportunity to work on systems that are both highly scalable and reliable. For example, we use Apache Kafka to process over 360 billion messages a day, while keeping the cluster’s availability nearly 100% and less than 10 milliseconds response time.
About 40% of our engineers are non-Japanese. There are teams that don’t require any Japanese abilities, and for those wanting to improve their Japanese skills, we offer Japanese lessons.
Room to Grow
We’re a fast growing organization that’s full of young, enthusiastic engineers. We offer a leveling system with both individual contributor and management tracks, so regardless of how you wish to improve your skills, there’s room for you to grow within the company.
Healthy Work/Life Balance
We offer flextime so that you can set a schedule that is best for you. We encourage our employees to take vacations, and it’s not uncommon for some employees to take off several weeks in a row.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to support our users in Japan and around the world. These include working with Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare to offer remote consultations with medical professionals, and offering free one-on-one counseling for people who are suffering from anxiety and stress stemming from COVID-19.
During this crisis, we’re advising all our employees to work from home, moved to conducting recruitiment interviews over video chat, and have shifted all contracts to electronic form to allow those who handle contracts to work from the safety of their homes.
You can find more details about our initiatives in response to the spread of novel coronavirus here.
About the position
In this position, you’ll be responsible for design, develop, and maintain server-side security security modules , microservices, and authentication APIs for LINE messenger and other LINE applications.
Major security features in scope:
- account and authentication
- ID federation
- 3 or more years of large-scale backend experience using Java, Go, Rust, or any other statically-typed language
- Experience with server provisioning, deployment automation, and CI/CD
- Understanding of basic security technologies (encryption, authentication, OAuth 2.0)
- experience implementing or integrating FIDO, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, or other authentication protocols
The ideal candidate
- is a strong team player
- approaches tasks with positive, problem-solving attitude
- is willing and capable to continuously learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Ability to communicate in English, Japanese, or Korean. Bilinguals welcome.