- Ensure the system has enough capacity in light of short-term and long-term growth through the activities such as capacity planning and load testing.
- Ensure a robustness of microservice system using a various technologies for stability, and achieve goals of SLA/SLO and other metrics.
- Analyze and learn from incidents and failures, and reflect them to system stability and scalability.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for the timely and quality delivery of a given product or project.
- Lead the team in its daily tasks, prioritize them, and make decisions based on changing business priorities.
- Structure and facilitate the team’s workflow and development process.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders across the company to understand their requirements and translate them into the team’s technical requirements.
- Fosters the team’s evolution and it’s member’s growth, including, but not limited to, 1:1s and performance evaluation
- Plan for future resources requirements and collaborate with the hiring efforts
- Professional experience in a technical management or leadership role.
- Have a technical mindset and understand complex systems design.
- Have an extreme bias towards action. Basically, have the “Get Things Done” type of attitude.
- Be solutions oriented.
- Be able to maintain high-performance within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment.
- Have excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Japanese language ability.
10 to 20 million JPY annually.