Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem.
The team led by you will work closely with our customers’ engineering teams and enable them to develop next-generation solutions around rapyuta.io, our Cloud Robotics platform. As an Engineering Lead you will manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, and help develop your team.
- Build and lead a team of 6-10 people
- Work with the Business Development team to understanding customer needs and translate them to engineering requirements
- Lead the solution architecture in collaboration with our Staff and other senior engineers
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of your deliverables - software and documentation
- Develop an in depth understanding of our products and technologies including their values propositions and business models
- Work with Product Managers and other Engineering Leads to identify and develop new product features to meet customer needs
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Robotics, or a similar field of study
- At least 6 years of hands on software development experience
- Expert proficiency in C++ 11 or above
- Experience in leading a team of engineers for at least 2 years
- Strong fundamentals and the drive to learn the intricacies of robotics domain
- Openness to collaborate with the customer’s engineering point of contact and the ability to empathize with their needs
- Comprehensive knowledge in one or more of the following topics such as Robot Navigation, Motion planning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing production-grade multi-robot systems or other distributed systems
- Experience with cloud computing, web technologies and protocols - HTTP, WebSockets, etc), database technologies - RDBMS and NoSQL
- Exposure to DevOps, TDD, and CI/CD practices
- Participant in robotic competitions, e.g. RoboCup, DARPA Grand Challenge, and/or contributions to open source projects