We are hiring an experienced Full Stack Web Engineer.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Delivering working web-based software
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to web solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged.
- Influence and guide the direction of the web-based solutions and ramp up the rest of the team’s web knowledge
- 5+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering Web solutions
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, how to design and build websites and web based applications
- Meaningful experience with one of the main backend languages (we use, but are not limited to: Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Elixir)
- Experience with AWS Services (we use many different AWS Services)
- Experience with Containerization (we use Docker & Kubernetes)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Expert understanding of Single Page Applications (SPA), in particular React.js
- Expert understanding of Static Site Generation and Server Side Rendering (we work with Next.js)
- Experience working with UX Designers & exposure to tools such as Figma
- Japanese language proficiency
8 to 12 million JPY annually (negotiable based on experience).