We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who is excited to work within our Core Service group. This group is made up of teams that span a wide area, including streaming data ingestion, columnar data storage and optimization, OSS query engines like Trino (Presto) and Hive, and the multi-tenant fair scheduling that underpins it all. This combination of systems encompasses the background processing and execution of all customer actions within the Treasure Data platform.
As an Engineer in our Core Service group, you will join a culturally diverse team with expertise in designing, building and operating large distributed systems. Within the team, you will focus on making improvements to the job scheduler and related pipeline. We also encourage partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers and product managers to drive and impact our product development and roadmap directions. As we iterate through the development process, you would work directly with our incredible customer success team, solution engineers and architects to provide recommendations and gather feedback to move our technology forward.
- Appreciate workplace diversity and embrace cultural difference
- Bias toward communication, empathy, and patience in working with your colleagues
- Have the motivation to communicate in English in a distributed team
- Are motivated by challenge, curiosity and possess a growth mindset
- Understand reliability, availability, and maintainability in a distributed system
- Create clean and well-tested code that improves our codebase in meaningful ways
- Use monitoring and data to drive product and engineering decisions
- Have a passion for technology, enjoy solving problems with code
- Have the ability to translate business requirements into engineering roadmaps
- Are comfortable working with Kotlin, and Java and always keep a keen eye for sensible alternatives and trends
- Have familiarity with data structures, and algorithms but also have experience evolving larger, living systems over time
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Have experience building and operating task scheduling services on the JVM
- Are familiar with security best practices
- Have hands-on experience with IaC, packaging, automation, and delivery
- Have experience with some of the technology the team uses: Kubernetes, Kotlin, Dropwizard, CircleCI, Datadog, AWS, SQS