WOVN.io is a website localization service. Our users want to provide their website in multiple languages. We strive to provide the simplest and most powerful solution to our users, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures. We are open to overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
Our response to COVID-19
While we’ve needed to adjust our business’s strategy to make the best of the COVID-19 situation, overall we haven’t been negatively effected by it, and are continuing to hire engineers.
Since March, we’ve been working completely remotely, and as part of this stopped in-person interviews in favour of online ones.
We are still hiring candidates from overseas, and will support their visa application. The first step of this process, applying for a Certificate of Elligiblity, is still possible, and so we are applying for it as usual. Once the the situation improves and candidates can travel safely, we’ll have them come to Japan, but until then, they’ll work remotely.
About the position
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon Aurora
- 3+ years experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or similar
- Experience with noSQL databases and/or relational database architecture
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility
- Familiar with cloud technologies such as AWS and development/deployment in a cloud infrastructure.
- Interest in languages/internationalization
- English communication skills
- Excellent analytical and creative approaches to problem solving
- Experience with large systems development
- Experience with server/internet security
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing
- Knowledge about Algorithms and data structures