WOVN.io is a website localization service. Our users want to provide their website in multiple languages. We strive to provide the simplest and most powerful solution to our users, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures. 80% of our engineers are from abroad, and we are open to overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
How we work
We have a Scrum team and have Sprint Review meetings every other week. We share each member’s performance with a kanban on Jira.
Our response to COVID-19
While we’ve needed to adjust our business’s strategy to make the best of the COVID-19 situation, overall we haven’t been negatively effected by it, and are continuing to hire engineers.
Since March, we’ve been working completely remotely, and as part of this stopped in-person interviews in favour of online ones.
We are still hiring candidates from overseas, and will support their visa application. Until COVID-19 is settled and the border restrictions are lifted, you can begin working remotely from abroad.
About the position
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures.
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon Aurora
- 3+ years of experience with full-stack web development
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: data science, machine learning, NLP, linguistics, information retrieval, CAT tools, internationalization, or localization
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility
- Interest in languages/internationalization
- English communication skills
- Excellent analytical and creative approaches to problem solving
- Experience with large systems development
- Experience with server/internet security
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing
- Knowledge about algorithms and data structures