We are looking for a SRE engineer who will support the infrastructure construction and operation of our multilingual platform WOVN. Successful candidates should have good communication and collaboration skills, detail-oriented, and proficient with technologies.
We count on our SRE engineers to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
- Improve system performance, reliability and maintainability of the cloud infrastructure
- Maintain and Improve development environment and release flow
- Develop and monitor environment used for failure detection and capacity planning
- Develop and utilize log collection and analysis infrastructure for data analysis
- Collaborate and involve in activities to assure knowledge development, sharing plus integration within as well as across entire work programs as suitable and lead projects.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Design and operate security-related business
Required experience and skills
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure construction and management (focus on AWS)
- Constructing and managing high-availability databases (Aurora, MongoDB)
- Managing reverse proxies and load balancers such as nginx and ELB, including CDNs
- Deploying a containerized environment (Docker, ECS, GKE)
- Hands-on experience with Linux server management and Shell scripting
- Software lifecycle and deployment pipeline management with Github, Gitlab, CodeDeploy, etc.
- Infrastructure automation with infrastructure-as-code with Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.
- Python, NodeJS experience for serverless code
- Infrastructure monitoring with Datadog, Prometheus, etc.
- Implementing log aggregation and search environment (Elastisearch, Logentries, Athena queries, etc.)
- Knowledge on infrastructure security
While these are not required, please tell us if you have any of the following.
- Development experience with Ruby, Vue.js
- Experience with Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Hands on Docker
- Intermediate level of Japanese is preferred, but not required
Development language / tools
- Server side: Ruby (Ruby on Rails),
- Frontend: Vue.js
- Database: Amazon Aurora, MongoDB
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, ECS, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, etc.) , Azure, GCP
- Others: Fastly, CircleCI