WOVN.io is a website localization service. Our users want to provide their website in multiple languages. We strive to provide the simplest and most powerful solution to our users, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures. 80% of our engineers are from abroad, and we are open to overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
How we work
We have a Scrum team and have Sprint Review meetings every other week. We share each member’s performance with a kanban on Jira.
Our response to COVID-19
While we’ve needed to adjust our business’s strategy to make the best of the COVID-19 situation, overall we haven’t been negatively effected by it, and are continuing to hire engineers.
Since March, we’ve been working completely remotely, and as part of this stopped in-person interviews in favour of online ones.
We are still hiring candidates from overseas, and will support their visa application. Until COVID-19 is settled and the border restrictions are lifted, you can begin working remotely from abroad.
About the position
We are looking for a SRE engineer who will support the infrastructure construction and operation of our multilingual platform WOVN. Successful candidates should have good communication and collaboration skills, detail-oriented, and proficient with technologies.
We count on our SRE engineers to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
- Improve system performance, reliability and maintainability of the cloud infrastructure
- Maintain and Improve development environment and release flow
- Develop and monitor environment used for failure detection and capacity planning
- Develop and utilize log collection and analysis infrastructure for data analysis
- Collaborate and involve in activities to assure knowledge development, sharing plus integration within as well as across entire work programs as suitable and lead projects.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Design and operate security-related business
Required experience and skills
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure construction and management (focus on AWS)
- Constructing and managing high-availability databases (Aurora, MongoDB)
- Managing reverse proxies and load balancers such as nginx and ELB, including CDNs
- Deploying a containerized environment (Docker, ECS, GKE)
- Hands-on experience with Linux server management and Shell scripting
- Software lifecycle and deployment pipeline management with Github, Gitlab, CodeDeploy, etc.
- Infrastructure automation with infrastructure-as-code with Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.
- Python, NodeJS experience for serverless code
- Infrastructure monitoring with Datadog, Prometheus, etc.
- Implementing log aggregation and search environment (Elastisearch, Logentries, Athena queries, etc.)
- Knowledge on infrastructure security
While these are not required, please tell us if you have any of the following.
- Development experience with Ruby, Vue.js
- Experience with Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Hands on Docker
- Intermediate level of Japanese is preferred, but not required
Development language / tools
- Server side: Ruby (Ruby on Rails),
- Frontend: Vue.js
- Database: Amazon Aurora, MongoDB
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, ECS, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, etc.) , Azure, GCP
- Others: Fastly, CircleCI