Givery aims to provide the missing link that our clients need to scout, hire, and train world-class engineers. We are profitable, privately owned and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Our clients include some of the biggest names in the Japanese tech and gaming industry.
We use modern technologies with development practices such as code reviews, continuous integration, unit tests, and making sure tasks are clear before development starts, etc. Engineers feel welcome here.
Despite being a startup, we all have a very stable work-life balance. This allows (or rather encourages) members to have other activities and responsibilities in life. We have flex time, paid leave, etc which is something a lot of our proud new parents really appreciate.
Choose where you work
We are all set up for remote work right now, but you are more than welcome to come to our modern, brand new (yeah, great timing, huh?) office in Shibuya, Tokyo.
We have people from all corners of the world working together to build the best products possible. Most Engineers use English day to day, and so we don’t require Japanese abilities, but the perfect candidate will be able to navigate and negotiate our international work environment while making the transition smooth for the local members too.
If you aren’t located in Japan yet, we’re still open to you if you’re living in a compatible timezone. You’ll work remotely initially, but we’ll be happy to sponsor a Japanese visa once borders open back up.
Our Interview Process
Generally we are able to move pretty fast from the time someone applies and we send them an offer, so it’s up to the candidate’s schedule. Here are the steps:
- A 30 minute call with the team’s leader.
- A coding exam via our skill check platform “track”.
- ‘Onsite Interview’ (now done over Google Meet or Zoom, etc)
Our response to COVID-19
Employees can work fully remotely, or come into the office if they choose.
About the position
We are looking for a frontend engineer to help us expand track, a platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills of engineers.
- Develop frontend applications using modern frontend technologies like Typescript, ReactJS, React Hooks, Redux, etc
- Convert user stories and mockups into working software that delights users.
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- Monitoring and quick response to failures to ensure stable operation of services.
- 3+ years of professional experience in modern HTML, CSS and Typescript or ES6+.
- Expert level knowledge in latest versions of Vue.js or React and its ecosystems.
- Understanding of why, when and how to write automated tests.
- Demonstrable ability to develop modern and beautiful web applications
5.0 to 8.5 million JPY annually.