We’ve built a fast, efficient, and reliable platform that handles 5+ billion job search queries every month. We provide the simplest job search with the most complete results, the easiest way to manage your resume and apply to jobs, and a powerful mobile app that handles over 50% of our traffic. As we continue building more great products, we are looking for ideas from every field of computer science to keep pushing us forward. This includes machine learning, big data, distributed computing, natural language processing, information retrieval, user interface design, and other technologies. We are looking for an engineer who are passionate about coding, love intellectual challenges, are eager to learn, and want to work with a variety of technologies to solve interesting problems.
The mission of Personalization team in Search Quality Engineering is to draw a high-quality user portrait to help Indeed better understand the users’ behaviors/intentions, and thus to deliver the best relevant content to jobseekers, and best matching jobseekers to employers. The team is responsible for building a solid data processing infrastructure that collects, stores and serves big volume of information, and makes data more accessible to Indeed’s developers, services & teams.
If you are an engineer who’s passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of page views a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
- Design, develop and maintain a solid data processing infrastructure, that collects, stores and serves big volume of information, that makes data more accessible to Indeed’s developers, services & teams.
- Build an across the world multi-region data storage solution with high throughput and availability.
- Utilize the stream processing transportation and batch processing technologies, to extract enormous value out of Indeed’s data.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience in Java or C++, Java preferred
- Experiences with large-scale data processing architecture and data modeling
Nice to have
- Experiences with real-time data pipelines: Kafka, Spark stream, Flink, etc.
- Experiences with No-Sql Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, Habase etc
- Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies such as MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, and Pig
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY per year