As an engineering manager your mission is to maximize the output of engineering. You will utilize your communication skills and technical background to allow individuals and teams to work together to achieve common goals.
At Degica, engineering managers act as visionaries that help drive the technical direction of the product. They work closely with product and engineering to refine the “what” and “how” of features being built. They play a major role in scaling engineering through hiring and solving organizational problems. They are servant leaders who put the needs of employees first and provide opportunities for others to develop and perform to their full potential.
- Participate and improve process around engineering hiring, onboarding, and training
- Define processes to increase productivity and ensure adoption across engineering and the organization
- Provide mentorship and guidance through 1-on-1’s and performance reviews
- Ensure engineering teams are operating efficiently and achieving their goals
- Set expectations with engineers and hold them accountable for project deliverables
- Previous leadership experience (Tech Lead, Team Lead, etc are acceptable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with the product owners to provide crucial technical context to inform projects and timelines
- Ability to collect and provide meaningful context to help inform the developers’ technical solutions
- Ability to provide thoughtful feedback to help developers improve their skills
- Ability to work across teams and departments to unblock developers and improve productivity
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience building and working on large-scale software products
- Solid understanding of software development best practices
- Understanding of concepts like technical debt and continuous integration
7,000,000 - 12,000,000 yen / year
Includes (rough estimate of) profit share. Based on experience and skill level.