Founded in 2014, MakeLeaps is SaaS vendor whose products streamline billing processes and other back office tasks for companies and freelancers. A Japanese startup success story, MakeLeaps was acquired by Ricoh Company, Ltd. in 2018 to bolster their burgeoning digital business.
Fully remote, or come to the office
We enabled full remote work in 2020 and never looked back. Work anywhere within Japan, with no minimum in-office days. If you do choose to come into our office, we’ll cover your commute costs.
A diverse team
We have approximately 40 employees currently, and our diverse team makes for an open and welcoming workplace. About half of our colleagues are women and half hail from outside Japan, representing 14 different nationalities. The primary working language for engineers is English.
Flexible working hours
At MakeLeaps we don’t believe in overtime for overtime’s sake–we value work-life balance and enjoy a flex-time system with core hours of 11:00 - 16:00.
- Server OS: Ubuntu
- Test frameworks: pytest, Selenium, Tape, Jest, Cypress
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Version control: Git
- Resume screening
- 1st Interview with recruiter
- 2nd (technical) interview with members of dev team
- Final interview with CTO
About the position
As a member of the Shared Tech team, you will contribute to the development of MakeLeaps’ products in myriad ways. In addition to writing backend code for our products, you will help boost the productivity and efficiency of dev teams’ workflows by planning development projects, defining and tracking performance metrics, and proposing best practices for our codebase. You will work closely with engineers on other teams to make an impact on development at MakeLeaps.
- Set up metrics and targets for reliability and performance. Build plans on how to meet those targets and help us execute them
- Review other teammates’ code; propose best practices and policies for improving our codebase
- Increase observability of our services
- Improve deployment and CI workflows
- Design and implement new features in collaboration with others
- Backend web development experience
- Python/Django experience
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Object-relational mapping experience
- PostgreSQL experience
- SaaS product experience
- Infrastructure experience (configuring CI/CD pipelines, or debugging server-side performance issues)
¥9 - 12 million annually.