Foundation is a platform team within MeetsMore responsible for improving developer experience and delivery speed at MeetsMore.
This means that we are responsible for many things, including:
- Developer tooling.
- CI / CD systems.
- Building core platform infrastructure.
- Analyzing and improving infrastructure performance.
- Socio-technical problems like improving developer culture by leading through example and developing tooling to solve problems.
- A good description of the role is that it is similar to an SRE/Devops position, with more focus on coding rather than operations.
You have a lot of freedom to make things better, but are expected to take initiative to find places to apply this freedom and improve things at an organization-wide level.
Our Tech Stack
Not exhaustive, but the most important are:
- TypeScript everywhere.
- AWS (Specifically ECS, CloudFront, S3, SQS, Lambda)
- A comfortable, senior level understanding of cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, distributed systems).
- Production experience working with observability / monitoring platforms (we use DataDog).
- Strong programming experience (e.g. equivalent to a Senior full stack engineer).
- A strong dedication to code quality, documentation, and automated testing.
- Initiative to find their own work and act on it.
- Willing to wear many hats and get involved in any software system in the company.
- Either be conversational Japanese, or a desire to do so (we will help).
- Be located in, or be willing to relocate to Japan (we will re-locate). Please be sure to note in your application if you’re already based in Japan or not.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience programming in a typed language (TypeScript is ideal).
- Experience with CDK-TF (or good Terraform experience).
7 to 11 million JPY annually + stock options