Mercari’s FinOps team plays a meaningful role in optimizing cloud spend and improving business agility. We develop a platform that allows our organization to make data-driven decisions, crafting maximum business value. Since the cloud infrastructure is used not only by Mercari JP but also by Merpay, Mercari US, and other group companies, any improvements could affect the performance of the entire organization.
- Constantly monitor, develop, and improve the tagging strategies in the cloud environment
- Develop solutions and strategies to optimize cloud usage and refactor existing technology in effective ways with development teams
- Leverage automation and scripting to democratize and deliver meaningful alerts, insights, anomalies, and other tools to be leveraged to manage and optimize our cloud spend.
- Promote a cost-conscious culture and conduct knowledge-sharing sessions to deliver best practices across the group
- Shared understanding and belief in our company’s mission and values
- Experience in infrastructure management and automation
- Experience in writing design docs or proposals and reaching agreements with stakeholders
- Experience in using container management platforms (e.g. Kubernetes) in production
- Experience in operating and being the admin of cloud (GCP or AWS) in production, ability to drive cost optimization discussions with development teams
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- FinOps certification
- Public cloud provider certification
- Knowledge and understanding of public cloud pricing schemes
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Experience with 3rd party cloud cost management tools
- Experience in public cloud cost management projects in a larger organization
- Japanese ability