The AI/ML team uses technology like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning to improve Mercari’s UX, with an emphasis on image recognition, NLP, and algorithms for recommendations. With ML engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds, the team aims to use its diversity to make even greater achievements.
One particular challenge you will take on is conducting research using data consisting of over 1 billion image and text items on Mercari. You will also conduct research and experiments at high speeds, developing an independent ML platform to allow for the release of a stable model.
- Maximizing AI/ML team members’ output and encouraging career growth
- Creating strategies for keeping up with the latest trends in AI/ML fields
- Providing communication and feedback to engineers through quarterly evaluations and goal-setting, as well as through periodic 1-on-1 meetings
- Keeping engineers’ career goals in mind and providing them with assignments that will help them achieve success
- Assigning members to projects and providing any necessary communication support
- Hiring, training, and conducting PR activities to scale the engineering team
- Professional knowledge of AI/ML (with specialization in at least one field such as image recognition or natural language processing)
- Hands-on experience with ML modeling or development experience with ML systems
- Experience as a manager for engineers or researchers