Engineering managers are committed to creating organizational structures and solving organizational issues, creating a place where engineers can play more active roles.
Mercari’s engineering organization has members from a variety of backgrounds. By managing teams with diversified experiences, nationalities, cultures, etc., they are responsible for drawing out the potential of teams and individuals and producing greater results.
Merlogi, Inc. is a Mercari Group company established on October 28, 2021, with the mission of “Relaying value far and wide for kinder living.” With our unique data and technology, we aim to provide logistics services kinder to all people involved and to society as a whole. We’re working to expand Mercari Posts and other Mercari touchpoints to more locations and build a package pickup distribution network, creating an even better experience for Mercari’s more than 20 million monthly users.
- Recruiting, training, goal setting, evaluation, and providing feedback to engineers
- Maximizing the results of engineer members and supporting career their growth
- Assigning engineers to projects and supporting the communication needed to carry them out
- Problem solving for the engineering organization as well as proposing and executing growth strategies
- Planning and implementation of in-house events to deepen understanding of expertise and organization
- Shared understanding and belief in our company’s mission and values
- Developing and operating large-scale products
- Software development
- Engineering management
- Team and project management
- Coordinating with multiple stakeholders
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Making technical decisions for a team as a tech lead
- Managing a multicultural team
- Hiring engineers (application screening, interviewing, direct recruiting, event hosting, etc.
- Development and operation using microservices architecture
- Cloud development experience (preferably GCP or AWS)
- Understanding of backend, frontend, mobile application development
- OSS contribution experience / familiar with OSS community