- Lead a team of machine learning and data science engineers to research, design, and build machine learning systems for prediction, recommendation, and automation.
- Mentor team members and develop the team’s technical expertise in machine learning frameworks, algorithms, tools, and software engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with other teams within the department as well as data analysts, data engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to define project objectives, requirements, and KPIs
- Manage and communicate the scope, timelines, deliverables, risks, and resources for projects.
- Foster the team’s evolution and growth by providing feedback, coaching, career development opportunities, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Promote knowledge sharing, learning, and continuous innovation within the department and disseminate research findings and project updates across the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships and collaborate with the hiring efforts to grow the department
- Analyze and learn from incidents and failures, and reflect them to system stability and scalability.
- More than three years of experience leading a technical team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, or equivalent.
- Bachelors in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Able to maintain focus, prioritize, and context-switch while continuously driving team success in a fast-paced work environment
- Have the technical expertise and judgment to guide the team to discover data insights and suggest action items based on research findings
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Japanese language capability.
10 to 20 million JPY annually.