Reallyenglish has been providing English language teaching online since 1999. We’ve built up a strong business through focusing on B2B partnerships, and are now looking to bring our platform to the non-English digital learning market. Our development team is already international, having American, British, Mongolian, Taiwanese, and Japanese members. Our team communicates internally in English, so no Japanese ability is required.
Our response to COVID-19
All employees are allowed to work remotely. We accept overseas candidates, provided you’d be available to work remotely during normal Japanese business hours. Once the border restrictions are eased, you’d relocate to Japan.
About the position
We are looking for a person who not only has a deep understanding of design standards and best practices, but also someone who cares emphatically about the products they create and their audience. Our goal is to perfect the experience of learning by building tools that are deeply intrinsic and motivating to use.
As a Senior UI/UX Designer you will be leading and collaborating closely with our engineers, product managers and stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to work on products which will immediately impact thousands of customers.
- Extensive experience with designing for multiple platforms and devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Figma, or Sketch/Photoshop.
- Ability to work well independently, but also willing to share knowledge and mentor.
- Native or Business in both English and Japanese.
- Experience with QA and testing processes.
- BA/BS degree in the relevant field.