We are hiring an experienced Elixir Fullstack Engineer to improve our cloud-based services. We are building out a desktop and mobile application currently in use by thousands of students around Japan, and we are looking to expand our team to help us continually grow the value of the service. The desktop application runs on Elixir with Phoenix LiveView, and the mobile app runs on React Native.
Scoville’s activities are diversified, though our main focus is the field of Human Resources. We’re always trying to find better solutions to help students find their dream job and help companies find the best candidate. We’re looking for people who share our aptitude for work to help us develop smart and well designed applications for our clients.
One of our current projects seeks to innovate the way that university students bond over their shared interests, and connect them to relevant clients. Some of the challenges that you would face involve using the latest technologies to solve problems and implement features for projects like these.
- Delivering web-based software using Elixir with Phoenix LiveView
- Investigating solutions to problems
- Working with the team to develop and deliver features in an Agile environment
- Improve your knowledge independently, as well as together with the team
- Mentoring junior members
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering solutions using the Elixir programming language
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, service design & delivery, data structures, and GraphQL APIs
- Expert understanding of backend web technologies, particularly with Elixir & Phoenix
- Significant experience with Phoenix LiveView
- Ability to implement UI from designs and work comfortably with CSS
- Demonstrable experience of software testing and quality assurance
- Status of residence
- For those in Japan: must have a working visa valid for more than six months
- For those outside of Japan: remote contract work is available until a visa can be prepared
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and or experience with Shape Up
- Experience with database development, and particularly with Postgres
- Experience with container orchestration and Docker
- Experience with AWS Services
- Experience with developing mobile applications
- Japanese language proficiency
9 to 12 million JPY annually (negotiable based on experience).