We are hiring an experienced Front-end Web Engineer.
Our team is currently looking for ways to solve the existing challenges:
- Make the application simpler and easier to engage with to reduce time spent on recruitment and job-hunting for clients and candidates respectively.
- Allow candidates and clients to create appealing profiles to improve the acquisition and activation points for the system.
- Improve workflows for our customer success and business teams to better communicate with the clients and candidates.
- Work towards creating an application that is secure when handling personal information.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Delivering working web-based software
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to web solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged
- Influence and guide the direction of the web-based solutions and ramp up the rest of the team’s web knowledge
- Work with cross-functional teams to help shape and define key features
- 3+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering Web solutions
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, how to design and build websites and web based applications
- Experience with TypeScript
- Expert understanding of server side rendering, ideally using Next.js with React
- Significant experience using React (or another big framework like Vue)
- Good understanding of Design system and Component Driven Development
- Experience with Frontend testing (unit to e2e)
- Experience explaining complex, technological limitations to team members with a non-technical background
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- ReScript is a strong nice-to-have, will need to learn on the job
- Experience working with Designers & exposure to tools such as Figma, Framer, etc.
- Japanese language proficiency
- Experience working with HR-related applications
- Strong experience in using one of the big functional programming languages (OCaml, Haskell, Erlang), ReScript/ReasonML is a big plus
￥6.0 - 9.0 million/year (negotiable based on experience)