At Scoville, we focus on creating and improving new products in the field of human resources. We’re always trying to find better solutions to help students find their dream job and help companies find the best candidate.
We’re each other’s chosen family
We’re each other’s chosen family and we treat each other well. For this reason trust and emotional intelligence are an essential part of our culture code.
International and English-friendly
More than half of our engineers and designers come from outside of Japan and our main language used is English. We generally don’t require any Japanese ability, and welcome candidates looking to relocate to Japan (you’ll work on a remote contract initially, and then we’ll relocate you here).
A high-productivity and high-engagement culture
You’ll be encouraged to be exceptional at what you do, be results obsessed, help colleagues succeed, and have fun doing it.
Scoville is rapidly expanding and we are looking for members who want to grow their careers with us. For this reason we empower each other to shape our careers.
Free weekly Japanese lessons
You’ll be offered a one hour one-on-one weekly Japanese lesson with a professional Japanese teacher. There’s also the opportunity to get more exposure to Japanese language by participating in meetings with Japanese speakers, and other support via unoffical means, like our active Japanese language slack channel.
Our Response to COVID-19
During COVID-19, full-time remote work is allowed. Normally 1 or 2 days a week remote is permitted.
About the position
We are hiring an experienced Full Stack Web Engineer.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Delivering working web-based software
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to web solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged.
- Influence and guide the direction of the web-based solutions and ramp up the rest of the team’s web knowledge
- 3+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering Web solutions
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, how to design and build websites and web based applications
- Significant experience using React (or another major framework like Vue)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with TypeScript, ReScript, Go, Node.js, Elixir, or any functional programming language (e.g. OCaml, Haskell, Erlang)
- An understanding of server side rendering (e.g. using Next.js with React)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with video streams (RTSP, HLS) and video files
- Experience working with HR-related applications
- Experience with ReasonML
- Experience working with UX Designers & exposure to tools such as Figma, Framer, etc
- Japanese language proficiency
￥6.0 - 9.0 million/year (negotiable based on experience)