Our team develops and operates a platform (Data as a Service, Data Platform) for users to register observation requests on the StriX(the series of small SAR satellite constellations) and distribute observation data to users. Such as artificial satellites and satellite data may sound like it requires industry-specific knowledge and experience. Data Platform also consists of general technologies using React and Next.js for Frontend and Go and RDB for Backend.
Since our team is still a small team, it is important for each member to take responsibility and voluntarily proceed with development in collaboration with related parties. Terminology and internal logic have industry-specific knowledge, so if you have the intellectual curiosity to learn them, you will enjoy your work even more!
In this position, you will develop and operate the Data Platform to improve the user experience, promote the automation of operations, and optimize the delivery time of observation data.
- Function repair. Based on feedback from the sales team, we define the requirements for functional refurbishment, design, implement, and test.
- New function development. Work with the satellite operations team to define, design, implement, and test new feature requirements and constraints.
- Operation automation. Discuss the tasks that can be automated in the operation with the parties concerned, and perform automation and optimization.
- Independence to voluntarily communicate with other teams, set requirements and restrictions, and proceed with development
- Intellectual curiosity that wants to know knowledge in unknown fields such as artificial satellite operation and satellite data
- More than 3 years of software development experience
- Web service backend development experience
- RDB data schema design experience
- Experience in system development of web services on the cloud (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Front-end development experience. Especially development experience using React, Next.js.
- Experience in building and operating cloud infrastructure. Especially experience in building and operating kubernetes and terraform.
- End-to-end test environment construction / operation experience
- Programming experience with golang
- Communication experience using English at work
- Development experience in a project team consisting of 5 or more people
- Web service production environment construction and operation experience
- Development experience using GIS data
The compensation is in principle ¥6 to 7.5 million annually, but for candidates with exceptional experience, it is possible to exceed that range.
6 to 7.5 million JPY annually.