Synspective provides solutions for customers’ challenges with utilizing and integrating data from Synthetic Aperture Radar (“SAR”) satellite constellations, big data, and machine learning. We use English internally, so no Japanese is required for our software engineering positions.
Our core values
Fairness. Respect each member’s lifestyle, experiences, culture and mission. Be honest to data. Appreciate counter opinions and feedback.
Efficency. Time is the most important resource. We, as one team, aim to achieve the best results in the shortest time. Take a control of your time and be responsible for your performance. Make recurring tasks automated. Focus on selected fields to maximize work value in the shortest time possible.
Proactiveness. Proactively identify problems and act immediately. Never be afraid to fail. Be candid and ask team for help whenever needed.
Collective Intelligence. Individual growth leads to team growth. Keep learning and share with the team. Be social and expand your network. Use external resources as necessary
Full-time (Nontenured). All members are contract-based employees. The contract is renewed in every six months based on management by objective to assist individual growth and team growth
- Commuting expense, health insurance, employees’ pension insurance.
- Flexible work-hours and location
- Part-time or second job allowed
Our response to COVID-19
Our business hasn’t been directly impacted by COVID-19. During the crisis, we’ve switched to having all employees work fully remotely. We do not have any concrete plans yet about going back to the office, but will follow the government’s policy.
Since the travel restrictions have been lifted, we are open to overseas candidates who are exceptional matches.
About the position
- Define, plan, and conduct user research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle; from concept to design to production (define problems; create personas, evaluations, user-flows/journeys, user-feedback, analyze quantitative and qualitative user research; work with designers to build prototypes, etc.)
- Be involved in sketching, prototyping, and on occasion user testing, before passing the design onto the development team
- Identify the best research approaches to get the right answers based on research questions, timing, and resources
- Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in compelling ways
- Work closely with the UI/UX designer and development team as well as stakeholders
- Occasionally work on brand building/marketing
- English (Native level with advanced English writing skills)
- At least 3+ years of experience as a UX researcher in B-to-B software development
- Proficiency in design software (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Basic knowledge of storytelling with data
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for improving quality, performance & reliability of the software solutions
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions, & drive demonstrable improvements
- Ability to work on one’s own and finish projects in a timely manner
- Basic Japanese communication is a plus but not a must
- Knowledge of design thinking methodology and human-centered design
- Understanding trends and developments in the UI/UX of business software
- Implementing design systems into product development