TableCheck Inc operates TableCheck, an online booking page that allows diners to make instant reservations, and TableSolution, a reservation platform that centralizes reservations from third-party reservation sites and consolidates all bookings into the system.
We welcome applicants outside Japan who are willing to relocate to Tokyo. Remote work may also be possible in some cases.
About the position
TableCheck is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer. As a member of our infrastructure team you will own the technology stack and help support our scaling demands.
We run a robust and fault-tolerant infrastructure built with Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). We emphasize IT best practices. We believe stability should always come first and that “devops” is every developer’s responsibility. We set high targets–99.9999% uptime with zero alerting noise, and we’re pretty close to that already! If system performance and stability is your passion, please get in touch.
- Implementation of infra-related methodologies to improve IT team quality of life
- Proactive system monitoring and configuration
- Incident response
- Mentoring and empowering team members
Please do not apply for this position unless you are capable in the following areas:
- Progressive experience including both software engineering and infrastructure / devops with at least 1 year as a technical lead
- Current ability in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Elixir, Scala, Go
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Configuration management (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Experience running production systems at large scale, and an understanding of the kinds of problems that can occur along with likely solutions
- Previous startup experience highly desired
- Security, PCI-DSS, GDPR, forensics, etc
- Hashicorp stack (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
English is required. Japanese is nice to have, but optional.
We will evaluate candidates based on an interview and the strength of their previous experience.
Given the sensitive nature of this position, a background check will be required.