TableCheck is Japan’s leading restaurant reservation management platform. Our features include reservation and waitlist management, pickup and delivery management, customer and marketing management, and analytics.
We’re remote-first, having an asynchronous style working, with employees spread throughout Asia and Europe working on the same team. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
Our engineering team communicates in English, and so we generally don’t require Japanese skills. We also welcome applicants currently outside Japan. If you want to relocate here, we can sponsor your visa. We’re also open to remote candidates who do not plan to relocate.
Our response to COVID-19
We have moved to remote-first, asynchronous style working. There is no longer any obligation to go to our office.
About the position
About The Team
At TableCheck we have a design team with blended skillsets who work with the leadership team to create vision and drive the growth of our business internationally. The design team takes full ownership of both diner and merchant user experience journeys. Not only does this lead to fast-paced development and pivots, it facilitates a close-knit team that nurtures these user experiences.
About the Role
The UX designer’s mission is to design the best restaurant reservation experience in the world. Our exciting product roadmap includes continuous innovation of our contactless payment platform, online search portal, restaurant analytics, and many third-party integrations. The breadth of UX design work at TableCheck will be both a challenge and a rewarding way to learn. If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, and like a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Defining problems and opportunities with the diner and the merchant UX
- Researching the latest trends in UI/UX and how these can be applied to our business
- Designing with a user-centric approach combining a deep understanding of human behaviour and technology
- Designing experiences journeys, drawing journey maps, creating personas and services blueprint
- Wire-framing information architectures, validating across iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Prototyping high-fidelity designs
- Improving and maintaining TableCheck’s design components system
- Participating in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprints
- Reviewing the performance of the release and iterating designs to improve usability and impact
- Running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing if needed
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience in designing world-class complex digital solutions, either from agency or in-house experience
- A portfolio with global design work examples
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Ability to clearly articulate design thinking and context
- Ability to understand how technical constraints impact design decisions
- Strong sense in typography, grids, and interaction / motion
- Passion for solving problems and being challenged
- Constantly learning. You will always be growing - both personally and with the team
Nice to Have
- Japanese speaking / reading
- Some experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes
We are able to hire remotely as long as the team works on the JST time zone. Please note that the benefits will vary for each country.