Wizcorp is looking for Unreal Engine (4 and 5) Game Programmers to work on exciting projects for next-generation consoles. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams.
You start your day by reviewing code from other engineers and ensuring they meet quality expectations. Some days will be spent implementing control systems for consoles in a clean and extensible manner, or investigating performance on the target platform and modifying the game or engine to improve this.
Afternoons will often be spent testing updated code on target platforms to ensure correctness and performance.
The ideal candidate will be able to
- Design, test, and debug own code without assistance from other engineers
- Break down large features into engineering tasks and work with other engineers to complete them
- Mentor engineers in software development best practices
- Have an interest in working on both games and their tools
- Confidently communicate with all members of the company
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years professional experience using Unreal Engine 4
- 2+ years professional experience developing console games (including using test kits and dev kits)
- Solid software engineering abilities (good code hygiene, familiarity with various coding patterns, etc.)
- Strong experience with C++ and debugging in Unreal Engine
- Comfortable with source code management systems (Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with some of the following languages: C#, Ruby, Python, shell scripting (Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine’s build pipeline
- Experience with other game engines such (Unity, proprietary engines, or others)
- At least 3 years of experience in the video game industry
- Worked on at least 1 released game
The following tiers are currently in application for this position:
- UE1: 400~450K/month (equivalent to 2-3 years of experience)
- UE2: 450~550K/month (equivalent to 4-5 years of experience)
- UE3: 550~600K/month (equivalent to 6-7 years of experience)
All new staff member’s initial salary will be based on experience and interview evaluation.
Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.