WOVN.io is a website localization service. Our users want to provide their website in multiple languages. We strive to provide the simplest and most powerful solution to our users, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures. 80% of our engineers are from abroad, and we are open to overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
How we work
We have a Scrum team and have Sprint Review meetings every other week. We share each member’s performance with a kanban on Jira.
Our response to COVID-19
While we’ve needed to adjust our business’s strategy to make the best of the COVID-19 situation, overall we haven’t been negatively effected by it, and are continuing to hire engineers.
Since March, we’ve been working completely remotely, and as part of this stopped in-person interviews in favour of online ones.
We are still hiring candidates from overseas, and will support their visa application. Until COVID-19 is settled and the border restrictions are lifted, you can begin working remotely from abroad.
About the position
We are looking for a mobile engineer who will contribute to develop and improve our new product “WOVN.app” that localizes mobile applications just by installing it. The successful candidate will join our mobile team and work on SDK development for both iOS and Android.
- Develop new features for “WOVN.app”
- Develop mobile SDK library (iOS/Android)
- Deal with client needs with team members and stakeholders
Technology Stack (WOVN.app)
Technology Stack (WOVN.io)
- Server side: Ruby(Ruby on Rails),
- Front end: Vue.js
- Database: Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Others: Fastly, CircleCI
- 3+ years of experience in iOS or Android development with Swift, Kotlin, or Java
- Upper conversational level in Japanese
- Interest in languages/internationalization
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility
- Experience of mobile SDK library development
- Experience of building a test environment for Mobile applications
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with noSQL databases and/or relational database architecture
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools