We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to develop a payments MVP that minimizes time to launch, is robust and scaleable.
- Work in close contact with the Engineering Manager to design and implement various parts of a payment backend system that meet product goals.
- Implement scaleable, fault-tolerant payment functions that allow for future growth.
- Understand future product risk and implement functions that minimize technical debt while maximizing deployment speed.
- Communicate with other Engineers, Design, Product Management members.
- We use Java/Kotlin with Micronaut for backend, React for frontend and PostgreSQL for DB.
- 5+ years of professional working experience
- 2+ years at a single company
- Experience independently driving and delivering parts of a product based on overall product roadmaps.
- Ability to create product features without much guidance, which are robust, scaleable, while understanding tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- Ability to create documentation for product for communication between different parts of the organization.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience developing in the fintech/payments space.
- Java/Kotlin experience.
- Experience working at an early stage startup.
7 to 10 million JPY annually + stock options.