What you’ll do
- Develop frontend applications using modern frontend technologies like React, TypeScript and Composition API, etc.
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that help maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Working with the marketing team, product managers and designers to understand user goals, design product features and build prototypes
- Implementing front-end facing code on our stack, mostly the typical HTML/(S)CSS, React or React Native.
- Routinely testing web-apps for ease of use, speed and other quality factors; and develop automated testing to prevent both bugs and regressions
- Build the libraries necessary for implementation
- Technical design and implementation of frontend architecture and UI components
A Portrait of our Front-End Engineers
- You don’t mind peer reviews, you love them.
- You know when to use a dependency and when not.
- You are comfortable working in both a team and also independently to ensure goals are achieved.
- Quality of code is your priority and you follow best practices.
- You have an ability to foresee where your code may need to be altered to keep in line with the company strategy.
- Located in Tokyo
- Proficiency in web development, especially with HTML and CSS
- Production experience with the latest versions of React.
- Experience implementing designs made by designers on e.g. Figma
- Knowledge of and passion for graphic design, typography, UX
- Ability to integrate with APIs (e.g. GraphQL)
- Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- In-depth understanding in frontend performance optimization
- Experience with server side programming languages, include but not limited to Ruby, Elixir and NodeJs
- A general understanding of server side rendering (e.g. using Next.js with React)
- Experience with React Redux