As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a new migration project mainly using Kotlin.
“MoneyForward Cloud Expense” and “MoneyForward Cloud Debt Payment” are Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for businesses, which automate and streamline expense reimbursement and debt payment by integrating data from various back-office related platforms and applications.
These were originally developed as monolithic applications in Ruby on Rails and already have a huge number of users.
By migrating some of those functionalities into independent components using Kotlin as a programming language, we aim to split the large development team into smaller ones and enable us to deliver more values to users faster. This will be a complicated challenge, but it will give you a great opportunity to grow as an engineer.
We are looking for someone who can become a core member and lead the new team.
- Develop products and its functions with Kotlin.
- Understand business requirements and design high-level architecture.
- Create system requirements that include functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write and test codes.
- Review codes.
- Educate team members, like hands-on coding.
- Collaborate with team members, Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and any other stakeholders.
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor’s degree or related technical field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Kotlin experience
- Deep understanding of web service development
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to relocate to Japan and commute to the office in Fukuoka one day per week
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Ruby on Rails experience
5.7 to 9 million JPY annually.