We are working to provide the best financial services to users in Japan. We empower PayPay product by realizing efficient, stable and optimized storage services. PayPay is looking for Platform Engineers who specialize in databases at scale on mission critical systems.
- Database operations, including monitoring, configuration management, upgrade, scaling, backup, and data migration.
- Iterate on database operations to improve quality and efficiency
- Troubleshoot stability and performance problems
- Contribute to documentation for communicating knowledge, experience and for effective decision-making
- Research and test new tools in database ecosystems, and adopt them in PayPay
- More than 5 years of DBA experience with a minimum of 3 years MySQL experience.
- More than 2 years of AWS experience
- Hands-on experience with Infra as Code (IaC - terraform)
- Interested in new technologies and willing to improve operational quality and efficiency
- Familiar with shell and programming language for scripting(Python, Go,…)
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience in automating operations related to Database or AWS.
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Working experience in a full remote environment
- Experience in operating distributed systems
- Experience working with NoSQL or NewSQL databases (like TiDB)
7 to 13 million JPY annually.