Game Engineers on the Web3 team build platforms, such as StoryVerse, and tools that enable communities to create, publish and share blockchain powered games. We are excited about the community driven aspect of social games where creators can provide fun experiences with crypto-assets.
Because we do have some synchronous meetings, we’re restricting membership to those living within North America and Asia. Note that this positions doesn’t support relocation, and so you’ll be working remotely from your own country.
- Designing, developing and deploying major game features from end to end.
- Be the champion for the user and have real input on the end-user product
- Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team while collaborating with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for web and mobile gaming.
- Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions.
No experience within the gaming industry is required for this position.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross functional teams.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Proficiency in script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- Familiarity with version control using git
- Solid familiarity with deployment on AWS cloud environments
- Great communication skills, self starter, analytical, creative, and a strong team player.
- Residency in a location that we support (currently Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the USA).
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- High motivation to work in the game industry backed by demonstrable games on which you were a primary contributor (self-produced work is acceptable).
- Experience developing and shipping games using game engines such as PixiJS
- Experience creating feature rich apps such as audio or video editing, or art and animation tools
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics and A/B testing in web and/or mobile games.
- Experience working with Web3 technologies
- Understanding of the reactive UI paradigm and experience building UIs using reactive UI frameworks (such as React, and state management Utilities like Redux).
- Knowledgeable with what NPM components can do, and what functionality you are better off custom coding.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits that are commensurate with candidate experience, technical expertise, and cost of living in a particular market. We also offer stock options and a home office stipend.
Because of the wide range of factors, we don’t have strict salary ranges for this position, but a candidate based in Japan could expect to have an annual compensation of ¥8 - 15 million.
8 to 15 million JPY annually.